Yield: Makes 16 Appetizers
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 to 1 whole hot chile pepper, such as serrano or jalapeno, seeds removed, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken drummettes, skin removed (about 16)
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In small bowl combine apricot nectar, tomato paste, honey, chile, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt. Mix well.
- Place drumettes in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, basting with sauce from time to time, until chicken is cooked through.
- Makes 16 appetizers.