Chicken drummettes are baked with a homemade barbecue sauce lightly sweetened with apricot nectar. Peach nectar can be used to make these drummettes as well. If you use chicken wings for this recipe, cut off tips and discard, then cut in half at the joints. Or, use the less meaty (flat) part of the wings to make stock.
Yield: Makes 16 Appetizers
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 to 1 whole hot chile pepper, such as serrano or jalapeno, seeds removed, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken drummettes, skin removed (about 16)
Heat oven to 375°. In small bowl combine apricot nectar, tomato paste, honey, chile, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt. Mix well. Place drummettes in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, basting with sauce from time to time, until chicken is cooked through. Makes 16 appetizers.