Black beans, pinto beans, and chicken team up in this easy chili recipe. Stewed tomatoes and chili powder flavor the chili.
I sometimes add green chile peppers or some minced jalapeno. Or, add tomatoes with green chiles instead of the Mexican style stewed tomatoes.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb chicken tenderloins, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can beans - pinto, white, or small red, drained (15 ounces)
- 1 can black beans, drained (15 ounces)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, Mexican style, (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or seasoning mix
In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken and onion over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce to low; simmer for about 20 minutes.