Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 4 ounces butter, 1 stick, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cream butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon or small cookie scoop onto greased or silicone mat-lined baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.