Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups stirred all-purpose flour (stir before measuring)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
At low speed of mixer, beat in flour mixture, blending well. Fold in oats, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets then flatten each chocolate chip cookie slightly. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chocolate chip cookies are set. Cool in on baking sheets for a minute then transfer chocolate chip cookies to racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen.