- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 to 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Sift together the flour, salt baking powder, and soda; stir into the first mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies.