- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light browh sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet or milk chocolate
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and peanut butter together until light. Beat in sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto a baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Lightly press each cookie a few times with the tines of a fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned around the edges.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen, depending on size.