Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, stir before measuring
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in salt and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Blend in vanilla and chocolate. Mix in flour then chopped hazelnuts, mixing until well-blended. Drop level tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets. Stamp lightly with a flat bottom glass covered with a damp cloth. If desired sprinkle more finely chopped hazelnuts over the top of each cookie. Bake for about 15 minutes, until done.
Makes about 2 to 3 dozen chocolate hazelnut cookies.