Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: Makes 5 to 6 Dozen
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or cream
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- sifted powdered sugar or decorative sugar*
Melt chocolate over low heat; stir cream into the chocolate and set aside to cool.
Cream butter and sugar until light; beat in vanilla and the cooled chocolate. Blend in the flour and salt until blended. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-inch balls and bake on ungreased baking sheets for 12 to 14 minutes.
Cool completely then roll gently in the sifted powdered sugar.
*If desired, roll instead in decorative sugar before baking.
Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies.