- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped purple onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
- a little more chopped purple onion for garnish
- 4 ounces black caviar
Combine the chopped eggs with the mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Spread the egg and mayonnaise mixture over the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch glass pie plate.
Top with the chopped onion.
Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and chives together and spread over the onion layer.
Cover and chill until serving time.
Sprinkle with the caviar just before serving.
Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
You Might Also Like