These ham rolls are a big favorite for holiday parties or game day gatherings, and they were a Christmas Eve tradition with my mother-in-law.
Rolls come in a large block of 12 to 20. You slice the whole block horizontally and assemble the ham and, cheese, and filling. Then wrap in foil and bake. They're delicious!
- 3 packages white or whole wheat party rolls, 12 ounces each*
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese or American or Cheddar
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 8 ounces softened butter
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
Mix the filling ingredients together and set aside. Slice unseparated block of rolls in half. in half.
Spread about 1/3 of the filling on both cut sides. Put about 1/3 each of the ham and cheese on bottom section and replace the top. Repeat with remaining rolls and filling. Wrap in foil and bake, uncovered at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes.