- 2 pounds medium mushrooms, about 3 dozen
- 1 can (6.5 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Drain clams, reserving liquid.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Brush some butter on mushroom caps. In remaining butter in skillet, simmer the minced stems, garlic, and reserved liquid from clams until mushroom stems are tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in clams and remaining ingredients. Spoon clam mixture into mushroom caps. Broil mushrooms for 7 to 9 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Makes 36 stuffed mushroom appetizers.