Here's a recipe for an old-fashioned oatmeal pie with coconut and brown sugar and vanilla. Oatmeal pie with coconut and butter.
This pie has the flavor of a pecan pie with coconut and no nuts.
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons uncooked rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 10-inch prepared deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugars, corn syrup, cream, butter, coconut, oats, and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling into the prepared pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes, or until browned and set.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
You Might Also Like