- 1 large head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cider vinegar
Combine coleslaw vegetable ingredients; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, and grated carrots in a large serving bowl.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring, until sugar is dissolved; pour over vegetables and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Enough slaw for 8 to 10 servings. Delicious with pulled pork!
More Cole Slaw Recipes
- Coleslaw with Pineapple
- Cabbage Salad With Bacon
- Quick and Easy Creamy Coleslaw
- Light and Easy Summer Slaw