Prep Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (use half bacon grease, if possible)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk with eggs and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until blended, then fold in the crumbled bacon and cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.