- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1 cup drained corn kernels, or frozen, thawed
Whisk eggs with sour cream, milk, and melted butter.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, soda, and sugar, if using. Stir the first mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended; fold in corn kernels. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.p
Makes 6 big muffins.
Corn muffins are shown with Potato and Country Ham Soup.
You Might Also Like