- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 11 to 15 ounces whole kernel corn or fiesta-style corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled drained jalapeno pepper rings, plus whole pepper rings for topping
In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil. Stir in the drained corn, cheese, and chopped peppers. Combine the two mixtures, stirring just until well moistened. Spread in the gprepared baking pan and top with additional jalapeno pepper rings.
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.