- 2 cups cornmeal, yellow or white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs; stir in the cream-style corn and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until blended. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the cornbread springs back when lightly touched with a finger.