Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, more or less, optional
- 8 ounces sour cream, light is fine
- 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar, if using.
In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, corn, eggs, milk, and melted butter. Combine the two mixtures and stir until just blended.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4-full and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the muffins are firm and lightly browned.
Makes 18 to 24 muffins.