Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, cut in cubes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients, blending thoroughly. Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole; cover casserole and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Uncover casserole and place the dish inside a larger baking pan. Add hot water to a depth of about 1 1/2 inches, or about halfway up the sides of the casserole.
Bake at 325° for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set. A knife inserted into center should come out clean.
Makes about 6 servings.
You Might Also Like