This easy has is very adaptable. Add a little more cabbage and less potatoes, a little extra carrot, or add bell pepper along with the onion.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 cups diced leftover potatoes
- 2 cups chopped leftover corned beef
- 1 cup diced leftover cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced leftover carrots, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion and saute, stirring, until softened. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute longer. Add the diced potatoes, chopped corned beef, cabbage, and carrots, if using. Stir in the thyme, parsley, and pepper. Taste and add salt, if needed. Stir to blend ingredients.
- Pat the mixture down in the skillet and let brown for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serves 6.