Use leftover cooked corned beef or deli corned beef in this flavorful soup. Serve this soup with a salad and hot buttered biscuits for a delicious meal.
Take a look at another photo of this soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or julienne-cut carrots
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped, about 4 to 5 cups
- 1/4 cup pearled barley
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups diced cooked corned beef, about 10 to 12 ounces
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced, undrained
- salt, to taste
Serves 6 to 8.
More Corned Beef Recipes
Corned Beef Noodle Casserole With Spinach and Cheese
Corned Beef and Potato Bake
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Chowder
Reuben Casserole With Crumb Topping
Crockpot Reuben Casserole Recipe