Beef brisket recipe with wine or beer, spices, herbs, and potatoes.
- lean beef brisket, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, well trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable. oil
- 3 carrots, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 5 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 3/4 cup beer, or use a dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup water
Heat oil in a large skillet. Over medium-high heat, brown brisket on all sides. Place carrots, onion and potatoes in slow cooker.
Sprinkle tapioca over top of vegetables. Add the browned brisket (If brisket is very large, cut in half). Combine beer and
remaining ingredients. Pour over the brisket; cover and cook on High
for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW for 9 to 11 hours.
The tapioca will thicken the liquid
to make its own gravy. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Chile Spiked Brisket
Spiced Beef Brisket
Tonya's Barbecued Brisket
Tangy Slow Cooker Beef Brisket