This is an easy sauce to put together, and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. Feel free to use pineapple or peach preserves in place of the apricot preserves.
- 2 pounds little smokies or mini hot dogs
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (about 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, red or white
In the slow cooker insert, stir together the ketchup, seasonings, preserves, brown sugar, and red or white wine vinegar. Add the little smokies; cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Serve hot from the slow cooker.