The slow cooker makes it easy to make a meal of butter beans and sausage. Use andouille sausage or other spicy smoked sausage in this delicious dish, and don't forget the cornbread. Here's a large photo
of the recipe.
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours
- 2 packages frozen butter beans, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 12 to 16 ounces andouille sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, or to taste
In a slow cooker, combine the speckled butter beans, sliced sausage, water, broth, bell pepper, and onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Add Creole seasoning and continue cooking for 2 hours longer, or until beans are tender.
Serve with cornbread for a delicious, comforting meal.
Serves 4 to 6.