- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lbs.) lean chuck roast
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt to taste
Makes 6 to 8 sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Texas Pot Roast for Sandwiches
This tasty pot roast has nice barbecue flavor with a tangy, great-tasting homemade sauce. Shred the pot roast and serve on toasted buns with slaw and beans. Serve as a game day lunch or a rainy day barbecue.
Monica's Italian Beef with Beer
Monica's Italian beef is slow cooked with beer, along with the beef broth, salad dressing mix, and peppers. Serve these tasty sandwiches with chips or fries and a tossed salad for a delicious everyday lunch or dinner.
Crockpot Pot Roast for Sandwiches
This slow cooker French dip recipe uses a packaged beef au jus mix, a little wine, water, and onion, along with a beef pot roast. This makes an excellent family meal a busy fall or winter day.
Crockpot Barbecue Beef for Sandwiches
Here's another slow cooked barbecue beef mixture we like. The beef is cooked with a smoky homemade sauce, then it's shredded and served on hamburger rolls with extra sauce.