- 4 to 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
In large skillet, brown the short ribs; drain off fat.
In crockpot, combine short ribs with remaining ingredients except cornstarch and cold water. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Increase temperature to HIGH. Remove beef ribs from crockpot and skim excess fat off of top of broth.
Blend cornstarch with the cold water then stir into the broth in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve gravy over the short ribs.
Serves 4 to 6.