- 1 beef roast, 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, chuck or bottom round
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite or homemade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Trim beef roast and cut into 4 uniform pieces. Place the beef in the slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until beef is tender. Slice beef then return to juices in cooker. Cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
Serve this barbecued beef on warm split buns with coleslaw, or serve with hot cooked rice and a salad.