Yield: Serves 6
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ounces of wagon wheel pasta, cooked
In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix flour with seasoned salt; dredge beef cubes in seasoned flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet; brown beef in the hot oil with garlic; transfer to slow cooker.
Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onions, carrots, and celery.
Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours; add the cooked pasta about 20 minutes before serving.