- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 lb. lean stewing beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 med. carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (approximately 15 ounces) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
Combine steak sauce, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, sugar and hot water in slow cooker; stir to blend ingredients. Add remaining ingredients except flour; stir gently. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours; or on HIGH for 4 hours.
About 5 hours into cooking (2 1/2 hours if cooking on high), remove chicken. Remove chicken meat from bones, chop, and return to the crock pot; stir well and finish cooking.
To thicken gravy, make a smooth paste of the flour and 1/4 cup of cold water. Stir into stew in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until thickened.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.