This beef stew with sweet potatoes is flavored with a hint of cinnamon and beef broth. This is an excellent stew for fall meals.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion (or 2 medium), halved and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup beef stock (canned, or from bouillon or base)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 cup frozen peas or green beans (thawed)
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss stew beef with the flour and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet; brown beef and onion. Place sweet potato cubes in the Crock Pot; add beef and onions. Mix beef broth with cinnamon and pour over beef mixture. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Add peas or green beans during the last 15 to 20 minutes. Good with biscuits.
Beef Stew Recipes
Slow Cooker Stew Recipes