Beer adds flavor to a hearty beef stew or pot roast, and this is an excellent version.
This stew is one you can prepare the night before. Just put everything in the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight. The next day, start it on high for an hour then turn to low and cook for another 7 to 9 hours.
- 2 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup beef broth, or use all beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
In the slow cooker crockery insert combine the stew beef, onion,, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, beer, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, and tomato paste. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Mix melted butter with flour; add to the stew. Taste and adjust seasonings. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
You Might Also Like