- 2 lb. beef stew meat, beef round or lean chuck, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked noodles
Makes 6 servings.
You Might Also Like
Autumn Beef Stew
This beef stew, loaded with a variety of vegetables, gets extra flavor from the beef broth and a little apple juice. Enjoy this hearty beef stew with sweet potato biscuits and a salad or sliced fresh tomatoes.
Slow Cooker Beef and Beer Stew
This delicious beef stew is made with sirloin beef, beer, and beef broth. It's easy to fix and cook in a slow cooker. Serve this stew with warm rolls or biscuits and a salad.