This beef and vegetable stew gets its flavor from tomatoes and molasses.
- 1 pound round roast or steak, trimmed and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, (14.5 oz) undrained
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or red wine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup beef broth, bouillon, or water
Place beef in slow cooker (Crock Pot). In a small bowl combine flour,
celery salt, garlic powder, ground ginger, and pepper; sprinkle over beef.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, sherry, molasses,
and water; pour over beef. Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
More Beef Stew Recipes:
Perfect Beef Stew
Beef Stew With Tomatoes
Beef and Red Wine Stew
Autumn Beef Stew