These stuffed chicken breasts are cooked in the slow cooker, an easy cordon bleu style recipe with ham and Swiss cheese.
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours
Yield: Serves 6
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 6 thin slices ham
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon
- salt and a dash of pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Marsala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken pieces between 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap and pound gently until evenly flattened. Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks then roll in the seasoned flour.
Put mushrooms in the crockpot and place chicken rolls on top of mushrooms. In a separate bowl, combine chicken broth, wine and rosemary; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Just
before serving, combine cornstarch and water. Remove
chicken; add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Add salt and paper to taste. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.