This Italian style crockpot chicken is made with tomatoes and herbs, along with chicken parts.
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, skin removed, or 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- pinch dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cold water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Place chicken in 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with chopped onion and sliced olives. Combine tomatoes with oregano, salt, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour tomato mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear. With slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables to a warm serving platter. Cover with foil and keep warm. Increase crockpot to HIGH. In cup or small bowl, combine water or broth and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Stir into liquids in the crockpot. Cover and cook until thickened. Serve thickened sauce with chicken.