- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or base
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup. diced Canadian bacon or smoked ham
- 2 to 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup. water
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimento
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In slow cooker, layer Canadian bacon or ham, carrots, celery and onion. Add water.
Remove skin and excess fat from chicken; rinse and pat dry. Place half the chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved seasoning mixture. Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Stir soup and flour together amd spoon over the chicken; do not stir.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear when cut along the bone and vegetables are tender.
Put hot cooked noodles in a shallow 2 to 2 1/2 quart broiler proof serving dish. Arrange chicken over the noodles. Stir soup mixture and vegetables in crockpot until blended. Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken. Sprinkle with sliced pimiento and Parmesan cheese.
Broil 4 to 6 inches
from heat source for 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Garnish with parsley sprig if desired.
Alpine chicken recipe serves 4 to 6.
More Slow Cooker Chicken
Italian-Style Chicken With Spaghetti
Italian Chicken With Broccoli and Cream Sauce
Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Crockpot Chicken with Dijon Mustard
Video: Tips for Cooking Chicken in a Crockpot
Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes