Serve this great tasting chicken a la king over biscuits, puff pastry shells, or rice.
- 3 to 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimento (or chopped red bell pepper)
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, about 1 1/2 cups
Combine all ingredients except peas in slow cooker. Stir gently to mix. Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours. Turn to high and add peas about 45 minutes before serving.