- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash ground allspice
- dash ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chicken and Remaining Ingredients
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small bell pepper, green or red, seeded, cut in strips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine marinade ingredients in a non-reactive container with lid or a large sealable food storage bag; blend well. Add the chicken to marinade; cover or close bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Place the marinated chicken in the slow cooker. Add marinade to cover chicken. Sauté mushrooms in the butter, then add to chicken and marinade in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. About 1 hour before done, add mandarin orange sections, green pepper and ginger; stir well. When done, mix together the cornstarch, milk and cold water, then gradually add into the slow cooker while stirring; cover and cook 15 minutes longer, until thickened.
- Serves 6.
More Slow Cooker Chicken