- 5 apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 6 to 8 green onions, with green, sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs, deboned, skinned, all fat removed, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of chicken soup, well blended with 1/4 cup milk
- 1 box (6 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Stuffing with Apples and Raisins, or use your favorite stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup apple juice
Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and on LOW for another 4 to 5 hours.
We ate it without anything but since it makes a wonderful sauce and the stuffing sort of disappears into the dish, I recommend serving it with plain rice.