Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 packet (1 ounce) burrito seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- salsa, green or tomato, for serving
- optional garnishes: sour cream, sliced green onions, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced avocados, and sliced ripe olives
Spread the refried beans over the tortillas, dividing evenly among the 6 tortillas. Top evenly with the seasoned chicken, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and minced onions. Roll up. Wrap each burrito in foil and arrange in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, stacking if necessary. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
Serve with salsa and your choice of garnishes.
Makes 6 chicken burritos.