Prep Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, skin removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- a few dashes of Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked*
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
Add rice* and green pepper to crockpot and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
If desired, cook 1 1/2 cups of regular long grain rice and serve along with the chicken mixture.