- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces (leg quarters, breast halves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, or 3/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice for 4 to 6 people
Pour juices into a saucepan and skim off any excess fat. Combine cornstarch with the cold water; stir into juices. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve sauce over chicken, along with hot cooked rice.
Serves 4 to 6.