Cook Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese with peppers, divided
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- Suggested Garnishes: diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, ripe olives, jalapeno rings, chopped fresh cilantro
In a bowl combine the diced chicken with 2 cups of the shredded cheese, chopped green chile peppers, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and 1/2 cup of sour cream; stir to blend ingredients.
Spoon some chicken mixture down the center of the tortillas, dividing mixture evenly among all eight tortillas. Roll them up and arrange, seam side down, in the prepared slow cooker. If necessary, stack the tortillas.
In a small bowl, combine the salsa with the remaining 1 cup of sour cream. Spoon the mixture over the tortillas.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Sprinkle the tortillas with the remaining shredded cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for about 20 to 30 minutes longer.
Serves 4 to 6.