- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 cans tomatoes, 14 to 16 ounces each, cut up
- 10 ounces lima beans, frozen, thawed
- 10 ounces corn; whole kernel, frozen, thawed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
In a slow cooker combine chicken pieces with water, onion, ham, carrot, and potatoes. Cook covered on LOW for 5 hours, or until chicken is done. Lift chicken out of pot; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Return chicken meat to pot. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, salt, seasoned salt, sugar and pepper. Cover and Cook on HIGH 1 hour.
Makes 8 servings.
You Might Also Like