Cheddar cheese helps to flavor this light and easy slow cooker chicken chowder.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 potato, peeled, cut in 1/2" chunks
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, in 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (approx. 15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Mix all ingredients except cheese, potato flakes, and milk in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir in potato flakes and milk and cook on HIGH, uncovered for 15 to minutes until chowder has thickened and flakes have dissolved. Top with cheese before serving.