Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
- 8 to 12 ounces fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or about 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 package (approx. 5 ounces) boursin cheese with herbs and garlic, or 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, diced potatoes, cream of chicken soup, parsley, and boursin or cream cheese. Stir in the cooked sausage and onions, blending ingredients well. Stir in corn. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Serves 4 to 6.