This is a Cincinnati style chili made with a variety of spices, including cinnamon and allspice. The chili is traditionally served with spaghetti.
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, or 1 large can (15 ounces)
- 1 can (5 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 2 tsp. steak sauce
- 1 cup water
Brown beef lightly. Put all ingredients in crock and mix together well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. If necessary, add more water.
Traditionally served with spaghetti and topped with cheese.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
A Dozen Delicious Chili Recipes