Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 cans refried beans, (about 15 ounces each)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or a Mexican cheese blend
- 2 to 4 drops Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- chopped jalapeno or mild chiles, to taste
Place refried beans, taco seasoning, onion, cheese, and Tabasco sauce in the crockpot; stir well to blend. Stir in chopped jalapenos or mild chiles. Cover and cook on LOW until cheese is melted, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours; add a little water if mixture seems too thick. Serve from the crockpot or slow cooker with French bread cubes, crackers, or chips.
Makes about 4 cups.