This easy spinach dip recipe is a mixture of spinach, cream cheese, Cheddar, and seasonings. Water chestnuts give it some crunch.
Serve the dip with crackers, chips, or vegetables.
- 1 large package (16 to 20 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- assorted crackers, chips, or vegetable dippers
In slow cooker, combine spinach and cream cheese. Add green onions, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. Cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring once or twice, until very hot.
Reserve 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for topping. Stir in the remaininng cheese and chopped water chestnuts. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top. Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.