Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope burrito or taco seasoning mix
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, or use 1 can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas, cut in strips
Homemade Corn Tortillas
Brown ground beef with onion, jalapeno pepper, and bell pepper. Stir in burrito seasoning and refried beans.
Spray crockpot lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Spread about 3 tablespoons of salsa over the bottom of the pot. Place a layer or tortilla strips over the salsa, then a layer of ground beef and bean mixture, a sprinkling of shredded cheese, then a few tablespoons of salsa. Repeat layers, ending with salsa. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. Serve with rice.